Swedish Massage is the most requested and known form of massage. If you are looking for more of a relaxing experience rather than therapeutic, this is the massage for you. Swedish massage consists of long, continuous strokes at a medium to light pressure. Friction and kneading techniques are used to relax the muscles. This form of massage promotes relaxation, improves circulation, relieves muscle tension and improves muscle tone and flexibility.
DID YOU KNOW One hour of swedish massage equals several hours of restorative sleep and improves your well-being?
What to expect in a swedish massage:
- Effleurage: Gliding strokes with the palms, thumbs and/or fingertips
- Petrissage: Kneading movements with the hands, thumbs and/or fingers
- Friction: Circular pressures with the palms of hands, thumbs and/or fingers
- Vibration: Oscillatory movements that shake or vibrate the body
- Percussion: Brisk hacking or tapping
- Passive and active movements: Bending and stretching